- Harrow victory for Hodds!
- GSCD make history in Mons!
- Home win for Phoenix, and Bellefontaine stops the Russ…
- Another victory for Daley in North Wales
- Ramsay wins in Wolverhampton
- Chris Thomas wins in Harrow
- Happy New Year – Board Message
- Season’s Greetings
- English Success at Cardiff GP
- National League Wins for Daley, Martinelli & Arnold
English Success at Cardiff GP
- Updated: December 11, 2016
There was some good English success at the Wales Grand Prix in Cardiff as Kent’s Kye Arnold picked up both the Under 15’s and Under 19’s titles and Manchester’s Danny Lilley won the plate event.
There was a smaller than usual turn out than previous years in all categories but it still proved to be a fun and competitive event for everyone concerned.
Kye was unbeaten on the day topping both the Under 15’s and Under 19’s groups to win the double against tough competition from Belgian and Welsh players, whilst Danny Lilley put in some good play in the latter stages of the day to take the plate.
The Veterans saw Harrow’s Rudi Peterschinigg getting to the last 8 as England’s best Vet on the day whilst Chris Thomas and Elliott Bellefontaine got knocked out in the Open Barrage. In the Ladies, London’s Frankie Bellefontaine was runner-up, whilst Manchester’s Ruby Matthews came 2nd in the U12’s
Only two English teams played in the team event and despite some good performances both Kent and Harrow didn’t progress further than the group stage on this occasion.
Open – Sebastian Scheen – Belgium
Vets – Daniel Scheen – Belgium
U19 – Kye Arnold – England
U15 – Kye Arnold – England
U12 – Jann Segers – Belgium
Ladies Lydie Pinchart – Belgium
Teams – AS Hennuyer – Belgium
Plate – Danny Lilley – England