- Harrow victory for Hodds!
- GSCD make history in Mons!
- Home win for Phoenix, and Bellefontaine stops the Russ…
- Another victory for Daley in North Wales
- Ramsay wins in Wolverhampton
- Chris Thomas wins in Harrow
- Happy New Year – Board Message
- Season’s Greetings
- English Success at Cardiff GP
- National League Wins for Daley, Martinelli & Arnold
GSCD make history in Mons!
- Updated: March 10, 2017
The Mons Major in Frameries, Belgium, saw some great performances last weekend from our English players.
The Glide, Slide, Chip & Dip Club put in an exceptional display to reach the final of the team event – A historical moment in English Subbuteo as they became the first English team ever to reach a Major final. To achieve this in Mons too was an amazing effort as the tournament in Frameries is regarded by many players as the largest and toughest event on the FISTF circuit!
The 4 man team of Justin Finch, Chris Thomas, Matt Lampitt & Darren Clark put in some solid performances throughout the day including a last gasp victory over Eagles Napoli in the Last 16!
In a tough final, GSCD finally lost to the Italian team Bari Reggio Emilia, however it was an amazing display from England’s #1 team to be runners up on the day!
The individual event also saw some impressive performances from some of England’s players as Joseph Kinrade of SC Moralzarzal reached the semi-finals of the Under 15’s whilst Justin Finch & Chris Thomas got to quarter finals of the Veterans & Open categories respectively.
A massive well done to all our players at Mons!
More information and results when made available……